Shmoop (www.shmoop.com) is a digital curriculum company that makes learning, teaching, and test prep materials that are—dare we say it—awesome, thrilling, spectacular, magnificent, unforgettable, and smart. Really smart.
To help carry out Shmoop’s (mostly benign) plans for world domination, we’re looking for talented writers with vast experience in and a blatant love for engineering technology. Are you a master at the mechanical stuff—technological tools, machines, instruments, and materials? Better yet, do you know how those skills apply to engineering power, energy, communications, and, not to mention, general life? Then this is the gig for you. You will be writing engaging curriculum and teaching materials on these topics for students in high school.
- Writing engaging lessons—including lectures, activities, and exams—for online publication
- Presenting students with the technical knowledge and skills they need to pursue a career in this field
- Creating user-friendly teacher guides to accompany your curriculum
- Surfing the Internet for hilarious yet informative content on technology (like that’ll be hard)
- Master’s degree in engineering or equivalent experience writing educational content on engineering technology and applications
- Certification in at least one of the following: Technical Education, Engineering, or Engineering technology
- Familiarity with writing for non-academic audiences and ability to express industrial concepts in an engaging and approachable way
- An eye for detail and a knack for organization
- Competency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including a good sense of humor
Our offices are located in Mountain View, California, but you can work from wherever you want (whenever you want, and also wearing whatever you want). This is a freelance writing position, and you’ll be paid per completed project.
Send us your wittiest cover letter and a résumé; we’ll be waiting with bated breath. A topic-specific writing sample will be required.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com