Who We Are
Thinkful is a new type of school that brings high-growth tech careers to ambitious people everywhere. We provide 1-on-1 learning through our network of industry experts, hiring partners, and online platform to deliver a structured and flexible education. Thinkful offers programs in web development, data science, and design, with in-person communities in up-and-coming tech hubs around the U.S. To join the Thinkful network visit thinkful.com.
Thinkful is launching a new Technical Project Management program which aims to be the best in-class remote, part-time Technical Project Management program offered today. As part of this effort, we’re looking for a Technical Project Management subject matter expert to join us in executing on our content roadmap for this exciting new program. You will be creating the backbone of a new program that propels people from a background in academia and the sciences into an impactful career as Technical Project Manager. You’ll produce written content, lesson plans including instructor notes and student activity descriptions, presentation decks, assessments, learning objectives and written content, all to support our students as they learn the core skills of data science. Your work product will be extremely impactful, as it forms the core asset around which the daily experience of our students will revolve.
- Consistently deliver content that meets spec and is on time to support our program launch roadmap.
- Create daily lesson plans consisting of
- Presentation decks that instructors use to lecture students on a given learning objective.
- Instructor notes that instructors use alongside
- Activity descriptions — these are notes describing tasks students complete together in order to advance the learning objective in a given lecture.
- Creates curriculum checkpoint content on specific learning objectives. In addition to the in-class experience, our students also spend time reading and completing tasks for a written curriculum hosted on the Thinkful platform.
- Creates code assets where necessary to support lesson plans, student activities, and written curriculum content.
- Iterates on deliverables based on user feedback
- 3+ years of hands-on Technical Project Management industry experience
- Demonstrated subject matter expert in Technical Project Management
- Managing projects using Agile, Kanban and six Sigma methodologies
- Work on multiple projects, all complexity levels, in an environment with changing priorities
- Change management
- Web application development
- Running large scale big data projects and or AWS cloud based projects
- Collaborative.You enjoy partnering with people and have excellent project management skills and follow through
- Excellent writing skills. You’ve got a gift for writing about complicated concepts in a beginner-friendly way. You can produce high-quality prose as well as high-quality presentations.
Compensation and Benefit
- Contract position with a collaborative team
- Ability to work remotely with flexible hours
- Access to all available course curriculum for personal use
- Membership to a global community of over 500 Software Engineers, Developers, and Data Scientists who, like you, want to keep their skills sharp and help learners break into the industry
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.