Mango Languages is looking for a remote independent contractor who can research, write, and edit online grammar content for our company’s repository of grammar resources. In this unique role, you’ll collaborate with our team of experts to bring the Mango learning experience to life.
Curious what your day-to-day tasks will be? In this role, you’ll be working with other Mango team members to research and develop grammar blog posts that provide our learners with insightful explanations to help them achieve their language-learning goals. We will also count on you to create gated content that will accompany these posts and clarify the grammar points even further, while at the same time supporting and expanding the learners’ knowledge.
Just like you, we settle for nothing less than the best. Together, we’ll work to ensure that the quality of the work is truly exceptional, that we create clear, helpful, and interesting content that speaks to our learners’ needs and increases engagement with our brand.
Are you up for a fast-paced, rewarding project that helps promote language and culture learning the world over? Then we can’t wait to hear from you!
- Native Spanish speaker. For this position, we specifically need a native speaker who has a mastery of their native language and a thorough understanding of grammar, idiomatic expressions, and dialectal differences.
- Fluent in English. Full understanding and fluency of the English language and its grammar are needed in order for the posts to be clear and to the point, and for effective coordination and communication with team members and project managers.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in either of the following: Spanish Language/Literature or Language Teaching.
- Experience teaching Spanish grammar or involvement in grammar book publishing, writing blog posts on grammar, answering grammar questions online, or any related skills/experience.
- Expert use of search engines for conducting basic research
- Good writing skills
- Flexible schedule and an availability of up to 10 hours per week.
- Reliable internet connection and a technical understanding of collaborative online tools. All work will be done remotely and online.
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- Must work well in a team.
- Must love language, culture, and learning — we all do!
- Strong research skills
- Takes time to understand the big picture
- Strong oral and written communicator
- Strives for excellence
How to Apply
- Submit your resume and cover letter, outlining your experience and qualifications as they relate to the job description. Let us know why this is the perfect opportunity for you!
- Submit a document that highlights your writing style as well as your grammar understanding by answering the following questions: 1. In a few words, explain the difference between the imperfect tense and the preterite tense. 2. What should a learner know when using the verb “gustar”? 3. What is the difference between “quedarse” and “ponerse” when used as verbs of change? 4. Write a short paragraph (100-20 words) explaining the use of the personal “a” in Spanish.
- APPLICATIONS WITHOUT THE ABOVE MENTIONED TASK WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Mango was founded to empower deeper human connections through language. We believe that language is an adventure. A journey to be embarked on by those of a bold and curious spirit. Those with a passion to connect more deeply with their global friends. Our award-winning language-learning system is powered by proven methodologies and world-class learning content. Available on mobile, tablet and web-based platforms, our software is designed to establish retention and rapidly build conversation skills through smart, adaptive technology.
Mango Languages is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of a person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, height, weight, marital status, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category. All employment decisions are made solely on the merit and capability of an individual applicant.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.