L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
L3Harris / Fuzing and Ordnance Systems, Inc.
L-3 FOS, a wholly-owned subsidiary of L3Harris, is a leading designer and manufacturer of Safe and Arm Devices (Electronic, Mechanical and Electromechanical) and ammunition for advanced military weapons systems. Our sophisticated products utilize state of the art components, design and packaging to produce low cost, high-reliability devices for the defense sector.
We are seeking highly motivated and qualified candidates to fill an open technical editor/publisher position. This is a part-time position (15 hours/week) that may lead to a full-time role.
World class benefits include 401K, health and life insurance.
U.S. citizenship and ability to obtain DOD security clearance is required.
We require the candidate for this position to have 3 to 10 years of experience preparing technical test plans and reports, instruction manuals, company policies and procedures, proposals, and other types of technical documentation. Comprehensive use of computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, graphical software applications, and the use of printers, copiers, digital cameras, and video equipment is required.
A Bachelors’s degree in engineering and previous DoD experience is a plus.
Duties will include:
- Write, assemble, and edit material for plans, procedures, reports, manuals, presentations, proposals, instructions, catalogs, and related technical and administrative publications
- Proofread documentation and make required corrections in spelling, grammar, format, and punctuation
- Review Request for Quote/Proposal (RFQ/RFP) technical documentation requirements
- Maintain company style guidelines through the use of established templates
- Manage the review and release process for original and revised documents and change requests as a Document Administrator as outlined in company procedures
- Prepare graphic designs including selecting photographs, diagrams, and charts to illustrate the material
- Assist multiple departs with administrative functions such as documentation, data management, vendor communication, etc.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that is cooperative and supportive of customers, co-workers, and managers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
- Computer Skills
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Publisher)
- Intermediate proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite/Creative Cloud (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat Pro)
- Experience with software tools used to automate repetitive functions in various software products (i.e. Visual Basic macros, Adobe batch processes, etc.)
- Ability to use high quality / high volume printer for printed materials (e.g. proposals, presentations, etc.)
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as cohesively within a team
- Knowledge of Document Control Best Practices, including vaulting and revision control
Keywords: Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Publisher, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio, Technical Writer
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.