We are called Sourceress and we’re accelerating human progress by making it easier for tech companies to build great teams. We’re searching for a writer with strong technical fluency and a sincere, conversational tone to write emails to technical folks (software engineers, product managers, product designers, etc.). You should have prior experience with (or a strong interest in) software engineering — online coding courses count, and so do bootcamps, building your own apps, etc. Our customers are tech companies with a diverse set of products and technologies (including self-driving cars and robotic life science labs!), so you’ll learn a ton about different technologies and parts of the software stack.
We’re still small, so you’ll have a lot of autonomy and you’ll need a lot of initiative + a strong ability to self-manage. We’re looking for someone who can work 30-40 hours per week on a contract basis. Our headquarters are in San Francisco, but we have team members all over the globe.
This job might be for you if…
- You love learning about people
- You’re the type of person who enjoys and can make effortless conversation with an interesting stranger
- You want to become a software engineer, or are looking to learn more about the engineering world
- Your friends and colleagues describe you as extremely detail-oriented and proactive
- You jibe with our values: https://www.sourceress.com/jobs
If this sounds up your alley, please include in your cover letter:
- A description of your prior experience (if any) with programming languages/libraries/frameworks/etc. Include courses you’ve taken, things you’ve built, or even just things you’ve read.
- Why you think you would enjoy this job.
- Your three favorite books, along with what you default to reading about.
Please note that this is a remote contract position. The hourly base rate is $18 per hour once you graduate from on-boarding (which usually takes about two weeks) and $15 per hour until then. Once past on-boarding, you’ll also be eligible for additional productivity pay of $0.01-5.00 per writing hour plus quality bonuses.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.