Steyer Content is a full-service content agency that uses world-class writing, video, code, and design to create transformative experiences that build trust and grow revenue for our clients. We plan, create and optimize business content that works for today.
We are looking for a versatile writer for one of our large tech clients who knows how to turn engineering details and hands-on testing into digestible how-tos and overviews for a well-known business communication platform. In this role, you’ll work with a focused and fast-paced team to keep our help and how-to content in step with product updates and our writing style. In a typical day, you might write an article for a new feature, edit a “What’s New” blurb, adjust content description metadata to improve SEO, or design a new structure for a table of contents. You might be from the world of journalism or from tech, but either way, at your heart, you’re a writer who loves to make things easy for people to understand and inspire them to explore. The right person has experience writing how-to content for end users of software, a strong empathy for users in the enterprise, keen understanding of voice and tone for this audience, experience creating content for software that’s still in development, the ability to quickly ramp up on tools and publishing processes, and a collaborative and flexible attitude.
This is a 12-18 month full-time, contract role that can be done remotely. We’ll only be able to respond to applicants who meet the basic qualifications for this role. We offer a strong benefits package for full-time employees: http://steyer.net/benefits.
- 5+ years of experience creating and producing end user how-to content
- Experience publishing content to web sites, services, and/or in-product surfaces
- Demonstrated ability to adapt voice and tone to the client’s specifications
- Demonstrated understanding of end-user communication style, particularly around help and support content. Friendly, to-the-point, minimal jargon, simplifying coding and technology concepts.
- Experience working in a software development environment
- Familiarity with Microsoft Teams
- Familiarity with multiple mobile and desktop platforms
- Portfolio review of writing samples. Variety encouraged.
- Writing exercise may be required
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Brand Voice and Microsoft Style Guide
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products
- Experience with Microsoft content authoring and publishing system tools (C3, GitHub)
Steyer Content provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.