You will work with the Marketing Services team to translate and review Spanish scientific and technical terms that are created via an automated system. This is a 12 month project position that can be done remotely – looking for around 20 hours a week and you can make your own schedule!
You are fluent in Spanish and English (native proficiency). You are familiar with scientific terminology used in life science language. You have excellent communication skills, are tech savvy and a quick study. If you have had any experience in a lab, even better!
JOB OBJECTIVE: Translate, review, and publish Spanish web content, including scientific articles, technical product information and marketing materials. Perform translations from English source materials, and review and edit automated translations. Manage publication of finalized translations using a web content management system.
- Review and correct automated translations in preparation for publishing.
- Translate product information and technical articles from English to Spanish.
- Manage transfer of content to and from translation providers using a web content management system.
- Proofread Spanish content for style, accuracy and consistency.
- Independently manage your work, keeping complete and accurate records.
- Understand and comply with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business, with direction.
- Fluency in Spanish and English.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing in both Spanish and English.
- Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills.
- Understanding of scientific terminology used in the life sciences (in both Spanish and English).
- Ability to work efficiently and cooperatively as a team member and meet deadlines for completion of work.
- Ability to use, or learn to use, a web content management system.
- College classes in Molecular Biology or another life sciences discipline.
- Experience writing about scientific topics in Spanish.
- Ability to read information from a variety of sources and communicate with others using Promega’s network software.
- Ability to operate a computer and utilize software to accomplish required tasks as outlined above on a continuous daily basis during the workweek of 15–25 hours.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.