US | UK | Remote & Freelance Position | Both Full-time and part-time positions available
Collider is the ultimate source for impactful entertainment news. We deliver the biggest, most important industry happenings, and provide deep analysis and sharp commentary through interviews, reviews, and much more.
We’re looking for a dedicated Weekend News Editor.
Must be available every Thursday – Sunday
Candidates should be experts in the TV/Movie industry, with up-to-the-minute knowledge of breaking news and an in-depth understanding of the latest industry trends. We want researchers whose fingers are on the pulse of the entertainment world, and who know exactly where to look for its most exciting developments.
Collider is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and wants to hear YOUR voice. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, while always on the search for skilled and passionate individuals to make an impact within the industry. We want the voices on our site to reflect the diversity of the community it serves.
- Edit/Write a minimum of 10 news articles daily
- Flexible 8-hour shifts
- Work with other Collider editors to consistently and constantly identify news stories to feature on Collider.com
- Craft headlines, blurbs, and peripheral text to capture new and existing traffic optimize SEO traffic for various avenues of dissemination
- Responsible for quickly mastering the editorial and formatting guidelines of Collider to help manage the News team
- Work with writers to assign features articles, keep freelance writers on-track to tight deadlines and provide feedback regarding site style and process
- Identify new areas of growth for the Collider News operation as needed or dictated by Lead and/or Senior Editors
- Track and analyze traffic trends to identify best practices and areas for future growth, especially on weekends
- Conduct any and all other tasks as dedicated by the Lead Editor or Senior Staff
- An updated Cover Letter (demonstrate your knowledge of popular movies or series and why you’re a good fit)
- 2-3 links to samples of published written work
Applicants must be highly motivated and possess the following requirements:
- Relevant experience in writing and editing
- Broad working knowledge of comic book history, an expert on popular comic book characters past and present.
The hiring team at Collider will be back to you as soon as possible if we think you’d make a solid addition to the team. Only applications containing relevant writing samples will be considered.
Link to our website: Collider.com
*This is a freelance, contracted, and remote position*
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.