Over at gapingvoid a great post is up called “Random Notes on Blogging”, where Hugh Macleod has put up around fourty of his thoughts in relation to blogging.
The first five being:
1. The First Rule of Blogging: â€œBlogs don’t write themselves.â€ It’s the hardest and most frustrating part of professionally helping others to blog.
2. Most bloggers I have met I would describe as smart, decent, passionate people. This includes bloggers that I don’t particularly like on a personal level. I have yet to meet a blogger who I would describe as a “Thoroughbred Scumbag”.
3. Blogging is an art, same as any other method of self-expression. Some are better at it than others.
4. Stay as honest as you can, for as long as you can. Once you cross the line it’s hard to go back.
5. A lot of serious bloggers became so because frankly, they had too much time on their hands. And often there were good reasons for that.
My favourite one though is number 41, but I will make you check out the list to read that one.