I haven’t posted about one of these in a while, but I really love numbers, and these wrap-ups are just amazing.
Here are July’s stats:
- 394,609 blogs were created.
- 5,666,839 posts were published.
- 418,946 new users joined.
- 6,594,795 file uploads.
- 3,762 gigabytes of new files.
- 839 terabytes of content transferred from our datacenters.
- 7,890,707 comments.
- 6,681,646 logins.
- 1,253,217,900 pageviews on WordPress.com, and another 1,289,187,116 on self-hosted blogs (2,542,405,016 total across all WordPress blogs we track).
- 2,146,576 active blogs where â€œactiveâ€ means they got a human visitor.
- 1,419,364,230 words.
For those of you that don’t quite understand the data here, or the numbers seem mind bogglingly big, a good example from the data side is that with 3,762 GB of file uploads, that is equivalent to around 900 DVD’s if you had to burn it all to back it up. And 839 Terabytes is 839,000 Gigabytes or nearly 200,000 DVD’s.
Check out all of the details on WordPress.com’s blog.